Friday, October 17, 2008

I've Been Tagged and It WAS/IS Hilarious!!!

I was tagged this week by one of my great blogging buddies, Liz. Liz is such a wonderful person and it's such a blessing for me as I am getting to know her more each day. Thanks again, Liz for thinking of me to participate in this. This turned out to be hilarious! Read on...

At the time that I read the rules for this, I immediately grabbed a book off of Dirk's bookshelf and set it aside so that I could play fair in doing this at a later date. In other words, I didn't purposely go and pick out one of my lovely, peaceful, godly and perfect books. Love my man dearly...but the weird (mainly horror, spy/military, and mystery) books that he reads aren't my cup of tea.

Okay, I HAD NO IDEA what I was about to type on page 56 until I got there. I had to come back up the page here to let you know that I had the hardest time typing this. You would think that by me being black, that it would have been easier. Now I don't talk like this, but I've definitely heard of ebonics before, aww-ite??? This is HILARIOUS!!! You're going to have to guess the name of this one friends. Okay, I've never read the book, but I've seen the movie. And I can promise you that most of you have read and/or have seen the movie! LOL! Oh and by the way...it's not a black folks book/movie either. And it's not one of genres listed above.

Here are the rules;

Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

Pg. 56
"Dey jes'knows whut dey thinks dey wants. An' given' dem whut dey thinks dey wants saves a pile of mizry an' bein' a ole maid. An' dey thinks dey wants mousy lil gals wid bird's tastes an' no sense at all. It doan make a gempmum feel lak mahyin' a lady ef he suspicious she got mo' sense dan he has."

I know. I said the same thing you just said after reading this. "HUH??"

So what is title of this book and the name of the character???!?!?!?! Dare you to guess!

Now I tag;

Thinking Out Loud with Jen
Chameleon
Windlebugs
Family Forever
Darlene's Days

Have fun with it ladies! I know I DID!

Thanks again Liz! This was so much fun!

15 comments:

Laurin Pearce said...

I did this too and it was great fun!

Anonymous said...

I am totally clueless as to what book that is.... I laughed when I read it then I translated it. Don't hold us in suspense too long.

I am glad that you had fun doing it.

April said...

Say what???? :) Come on, Daphine, spill the beans!! We're all dying here!!

April said...

You've been given an AWARD!! Check it out on my blog!!

Unknown said...

What? I can't wait to see what book that is!

Heather said...

ok, i'll post mine tomorrow! lol. mine is crazy too!

Anonymous said...

lol I am so confused.

Annikke said...

Totally clueless about the book and still, after reading it 3 times I still don't know what it says!! Ha ha

Melodie said...

I have no clue. I thought maybe it was Mamie from Gone with the Wind, but I checked my copy and I was wrong.

amuse me said...

I can't wait to see what book that came from. Fun game.

Wendy said...

Actually this could be Scouse!! ( People here in Liverpool speak "Scouse!!") or even Irish?

No clue really though! I read it with my Scouse accent and it kinda makes sense to me!!

ha ha!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun...what book is this???
-Sandy toes

Elizabeth said...

The Color Purple!!!

Okay, what a cool tag, if you don't mind, I'm going to do start this on my blog. Is it wrong to start a tag without being tagged?

Elizabeth said...

Oh, no, wait. My husband says it is Gone with the Wind

Darlene said...

Oh, I just saw this and thanks!! I was also book tagged by Carrie. I will play along with this next week after Monday's 100th post giveaway. Be sure to stop by and enter my giveaway on Monday.