Monday, August 18, 2008

Until We Meet Again...

So, today we attended my friend Wanda's memorial in Mabank.

There's no such thing as a great furneral. I was not looking forward to this at all.

Not only did I have a very difficult time with this over the weekend, I had a restless night last night and didn't think that I would be able to hold myself together when the time came to see Wanda for the last time today.

As I was looking at her, I felt a total peace come over me that I can't quite put into words. It was the kind of peace that only the Lord can give one during a time like this. I know that my friend is alright now and that she is completely healed in heaven.

I would like to also share with you words on a plaque that Wanda gave me a few years ago;

Sisters by Heart:

"We've shared so much laughter, so many tears. We've a spiritual bond that grows stronger each year. We're not sisters by birth, but we knew from the start, God put us together to be sisters by heart."

This plaque has always meant so much to me and from the time she gave it to me, I've had it displayed in my office (at home). I will cherish it always!

Goodbye,Wanda.

Until we meet again...

4 comments:

Jenn said...

You should have put a tissue warning on this one...you made me cry! I'm praying for you!

April said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way today.

Anonymous said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Tonya

Jessica and Matt said...

Girl. I can't handle this, in my fragile state. I am so sad for you. I'm glad you have the peace that surpasses all understanding.