Monday, September 15, 2008

I Can Only Do So Much...

I kept having to remind myself of this statement many, many times at work today.
In fact, just by saying it throughout the day, I was able to remain calm, peaceful, energetic and for the most part, happy.

Unfortunately, my Houston office is shut down due to Hurricane Ike. They are without power and, at the moment it doesn't appear that they will be open tomorrow either. This being said, I have handled ALL of their files and phones calls since last Friday. We're talking easily another 250-300 files thrown at me.

Fortunately and unfortunately, our business never stops....hurricane or not. Well, maybe a teeny tiny bit. In this particular case, the hurriance did not stop the business. However, it left a lot of residences and businesses without electricity.

I got to the office around 8 this morning and did not leave until 9 tonight. Morning will come quick since I plan on being in the office around 7.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, I might not be up for much blogging this week unless you pray for me to have an abundance of energy. I know that you, my loyal fans, really enjoy hearing what I have to say, so I trust that you're already praying. LOL.

Seriously, please pray for me this week as I am feeling a little overwhelmed with this.

And although I was able to remain calm and collected today, I'm just not sure how I will be tomorrow or the rest of the week if I have to cover for my Houston office the whole time.

YIKES!

5 comments:

April said...

You are in my prayers...HANG IN THERE! Remember..."I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me."

Anonymous said...

Work unto the Lord! And yes, there is only so much you can do, so just do your best and God will honor your efforts. Sorry you are having to do so much extra, but I'm sure you will receive a great blessing. I will pray that your productivity would be doubled so that you can go home at a descent time and be with your family. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you.
Today will be a better day, God is in our heart.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I will also be praying for you. I know you will make it through this week. I know how it to want to make sure everything is done before you leave the office. When you were on vacation, I was here early and I left work late. You left me in charge and I was going to make sure everything was in order. Always remember Daphine, you can only do what you can.


Tonya

Jessica and Matt said...

YOUCANDOIT!!! I hope today is better for you. I know you, and how you have to have everything in perfect order, so I'm sure you'll come through with flying colors. Just don't let the stress get to you. If I can run errands or anything for you & your household, let me know!