Thursday, July 10, 2008

Galveston Pics

Okay, I took close to 1000 pictures of practically everything that we did while in Galveston. Don't worry...I don't plan on sharing all of them with you. I know that you're probably thinking that taking this many pics while just visiting Galveston is ridiculous, but on a family outing to Six Flags, I've taken as many as 200 pics before. I can't help it!!! Anyhow, I've had the HARDEST time just trying to post the ones that I have below.



The first five pics were taken at the beach owned by the resort where we stayed.

Yes, I am actually sitting in what appears to be dirty salty water. Imagine that friends? Nope...this is no where near the comparison to the beach we went to in Florida a few years ago, but it was enjoyable.
I love this picture of Dirk and the girls!


The next few pics posted were taken at Palm Beach at Moody Gardens.



This was really neat. It was a water tower that would fill up and then dump tons of water on people below. Dirk and Jae loved this! Morgan and I stood back and watched. Well, I was taking pictures, of course!

Jae LOVED Palm Beach. We stayed there for a few hours and it still wasn't long enough for her.







We had this grand idea to bury the girls in the sand. It turned out to be a little too freaky looking for me though.


The next set of pics were taken on the Strand. It's the historic downtown shopping district in Galveston.


This was taken at Gaido's, a popular seafood restaurant in Galveston. It's been around for 94 years! It was a pretty nice place!
This picture below of Morgan was taken at the Aquarium Pyramid at Moody Gardens.

The last set of pics were taken in the Rainforest Pyramid.





I know that I posted probably wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many pictures. I know out of all the friends that will view them, Jessica will appreciate them the most.

Anyhow, as you can tell, we really had a great time in Galveston.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of such beautiful people! It was funny - when I saw the pic of you & Dirk sitting in the brown water I thought to myself - "she is sitting in THAT water?" Then you commented about it under the picture. I think you are making progress my friend! I am proud of you! -Sarah T.

Jenn said...

That was great! I enjoyed seeing all of the pictures! I can tell you all had some really good family time and lots of fun. Thanks for sharing...I almost felt like I was there with you!

By the way, I like how you are wearing your hair now.

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out so great!!I enjoyed seeing pictures "so soon" from your vacation.
I see everyone had a wonderful time.

Tonya

Tracie said...

Those pictures are so adorable. I love the pictures of you and Dirk...You two are sooooo cute. And the girls have gotten so big..

Jenn said...

By the way, I must admit that I am disappointed not to see a picture of that $9 banana split. Ice cream that expensive deserves a picture! If you got one, could you post it (and ones of the girls eating expensive ice cream too). You know, because that was a monumental occassion and all~!

Jessica and Matt said...

I LOOOVE THEM!!!! I could have totally seen more! You guys look sooooo rested and relaxed. Wow--so nice. Seriously!

And I agree with Jennifer--we need to see some of those ice cream pictures. :) I think I might actually need a banana split tonight, now that I'm thinking of it.

Thanks for posting pictures! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love the pictures!!!! I am so happy for you, I see a lot of happiness in your family. You are getting the best memories to your kids with this family vacation!!!!

Ingrid