Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Humorous Conversation with Jae

"Mom, I don't know if I'll be able to keep my secret from Morgan," she said.

"What are you talking about, Jae?" I asked.

"I have a surprise for Morgan's birthday and I don't know if I can keep from telling her," she said again.

"Well, you can tell Mom. What is your surprise?" I asked.

"On Morgan's birthday, I am going to take her to her favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden and then buy her some candy," she said.

"Oh? and how are you going to get her to the Olive Garden and who is going to pay for it?" I asked.

"Ma'am?" she asked.

"Who is going to pay for your surprise for Morgan and how are you going to take her there?" I asked.

"MOM! I don't have any money. You and Dad can take us there and pay for it, can't you?" she said.

I laughed out loud.

Isn't it interesting that our kids make their "own" plans and come up with their "own" ideas, but OFTEN forget that it's going to take their "parents'" time and, more than likely, our money as well?

She's only 7!!! I think that she's learning from Morgan wayyyyyyyyyyyy too soon.

Yikes!

3 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

So funny!!! Girl, that girl is crazaazay cute.

Jenn said...

Unfortunately, they still think money grows on trees when they are teenagers too! Adam came to us the other day and told us he wanted a new guitar for his birthday. We asked him how much it cost and he said, "Only $800." He still doesn't understand why we won't buy him that for his birthday.

Tracie said...

Mikyla wanted something at the store the other day and I really thought it was to expensive so I told he we don't have the money for stuff like that right now if you want to re-do her room when we move. so i asked her which she wanted "Your new room or that toy?" she looked right into my eyes and said " mom, go to the atm and push the buttons and it will give you all the money you need for both." I said "honey you have to have the money in the bank to get it out" being the smartest kid in the world she said "use someone elses bank money"

I realized right then they she really did understand that money goes into the bank. Now I need to explain we dont get to use everyones bank account.