Monday, July 21, 2008

How Strange Is This?

So, I was thinking about this friend of mine who I hadn’t talked to in about two years. She’s one of those friends that you don’t have to talk to daily, weekly, monthly and in this case…years. We have them, right?

Anyhow, as I was driving home from the grocery store on Saturday, I started thinking about Nikki and Chris and wondered what/how they were doing. Unfortunately, I did not have my address book in my car to look up their number.

As with anything (unless it’s written down), I eventually forgot to follow through on looking up her number once I got home.

Sunday afternoon, Dirk went out to get the mail. The envelope was post-marked from Amarillo,TX. There wasn’t a return address on it. We both stood there asking each other who we knew in Amarillo. We finally opened it. Yep, you guessed it? It was from Nikki.

She was letting us know that they had recently moved to Amarillo. I became very sad while reading her letter, but at the same time, I was happy that she had written to let us know.

How strange was this letter to be delivered in Saturday’s mail – the same day that I had thought about Nikki.

Isn’t it just like God to put us in each other’s minds in a time when her letter would arrive on the same day I was thinking about her?

Can anyone relate to a similar case like this?

P.S. Nikki and Chris, Dirk and I really miss you guys and can’t wait to talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story. That is amazing how you were thinking about her and then you receive the letter the same day. God is amazing!! You are also a wonderful freind.

Tonya

Anonymous said...

The spiritual connection is something that we can't explain, but we can feel it,same as God.
Ingrid