Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Okay, for those of you have already emailed me and asked if I got to choose the place to eat yesterday. I was asked and I suggested Mexican or steak.

So, the decision was made for us to go out for steak. This was supposed to be the finest place in Houston for a steak dinner. In fact, one of my co-workers commented that it was the best place to eat steak in all of Texas. Hmmmmm...., I've had some pretty nice steak dinners just here in Dallas, but I kept quiet and waited patiently to see for myself.

Guys, this place , Taste of Texas was P-H-E-N-O-M-E-N-A-L!!! It was very nice and very fine dining! I ordered a 10-ounce center cut filet (we all ordered this same size, okay?), a baked potato fully loaded, and the salad bar (which by the way, was to die for!)

My co-worker, Osana who joined us for dinner on Monday night was kind enough to bring a camera from home today so she could take any pictures that I may have wanted. Thank you Osana!
Anyhow, check it out this spread....







Other than a couple of other restarants that Dirk and I really love (and we do love the Olive Garden, but I am talking about really fine dining places), I will have to say this place is wayyyyyyyyyy up there for me. Unfortunately, Taste of Texas is only located in Houston. Bummer!!!

Anyhow, I must also admit that I was really bummed out when I was contacted on my vacation from my corporate office and was informed that I needed to travel to Houston for training after I got back. My first thought was I didn't want to leave me family behind, amongst other things as well. However, it worked out very well; Morgan is on her mission trip this week, Jae is at grandma's house (my mom's), and Dirk's partner at his work is on vacation this week, meaning that he had to work until nine o'clock both nights while I was gone.

All being said, I really enjoyed my short trip to Houston and seeing all the people (especially my friend Osana) that I talk on the phone to on a daily basis. However,I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to be back home, glad not being bothered with security issues at the airport, excited about not falling to pieces just thinking about ALL the GERMS at the airport, glad to be driving/riding in my own car, excited about sleeping in my own bed and glad to be working back at my own office.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks nice, I want some steak, make hungry, that salad was huge. I can belive you ate all that food. Maybe that is why you are walking slow today.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

WOW! That baked potato was HUGE!

I wish that I could have been there too.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you actually took pictures! You and that camera. It just cracks me up. how long were you gone? From the way you talk it sounds like you were gone for a week. Were you just gone overnight?

Katie

Anonymous said...

beautiful beautiful the food looked good but i really did enjoy looking at all of the lovely picture of the family,I am glad you sent them to me. God bless you all. LOve you wilma

Jenn said...

Yum, this post made me hungry! I'll have to try this place next time we are in Houston visiting Paul's brother.

For a great place around Dallas (although it is pricey), try Refains. It has a great salad bar and all of the delicious meat you can eat!!

Jessica and Matt said...

Well, I just ate at CiCi's. I don't know uf you've ever tried that place, but I bet it would give Taste of Texas a run for their money! :)

It looks nice and tasty and sounds yuuuummmmyyy!!! But 10 ounces?!? Seriously?!? You are serious! I'm mostly interest in the potato and salad. Yum!

Glad you're back. :)